Senior Backend EngineerStockholm
Would you rather use your skills to balance players in tournament brackets, write map-picking algorithms and connect gamers across the world? 🎮 Keep reading!
|Experience||5+ years with similar jobs |
| Skills |
|Technical decision making|
About the job
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer that will become a central contributor to the design, development, maintenance, and operation of the web platform’s backend and APIs.
You will be working with a talented team of motivated developers, designers, and product managers.
The platform has a microservice architecture and is primarily built with web technologies like .NET and React. However, nothing is static, and as tools and frameworks evolve, so do we.
- Development of new and existing features.
- Performance and scalability improvements.
- Technical design and architecture.
- Ongoing training and mentorship of other team members.
To meet current and future challenges, we’re always looking for better ways of working, new frameworks to adopt, and value staying on the cutting edge so long as it serves our goals and leads to better user experiences.
You have designed systems for large websites and APIs, managed large databases with uptime requirements, and know-how to trade-off immediate impact with long-term consequences.
And most importantly: You would rather use these skills to balance players in tournament brackets, write map-picking algorithms and connect gamers across the world than reformat financial data or sell more products online.
We believe you have:
- Preferably 5+ years of experience working with or around code
- Strong product sense and a habit to use this to inform technical decisions.
- Experience building web-scale systems and doing live migrations.
- Proven ability to lead without authority and both the ability to convince others and to change your own mind.
- A Computer Science (or equivalent) degree - or the experience to make up for that.
You will receive lots of freedom and you are comfortable turning this freedom and less defined goals into actionable tasks for yourself and others around you.